Friday, November 16, 2012

A mess of me. A mess of you.

One gets to know the true value of something only after it's lost. Holds true, I can vouch for it. However, I am not sure whether it is the same for you. I never took you for granted, now or in the past, but it still hurts too much.

There's not a single day in past few years that I've not yearned for you. Anywhere I go, anything I do, it feels as if you are there, watching over me. And I don't know why, but it seems that it's getting worse with every passing day!! The minute I manage to push the memories of those beautiful days out of my mind, they waltz back in making fun of me and my foolish attempts to force them out. I don't know what's there in future, pretty crazy to still think about future of us two together, eh?

I keep remembering that lovely face of yours while sleeping, traveling, eating, to an extent that it has started meddling with my work. Few months back I at least could drown myself in work. Now, I space out in office meetings!

Lying alone in my bed on these cold sleepless nights, I miss the warmth of your tender body next to mine, I crave for a glimpse of your eyes, for a single moment of hiding my face in your hair, to hear you say my name in that sweet voice, holding you against me as close as possible, to kiss you and being kissed by you, even if it's just a peck!

I keep searching, that may be, by luck I might find someone with eyes as lovely as yours, may be someone's gaze will look through me as yours did, someone will call me with the same soothing voice as yours, but every-time I end up laughing at my own stupidity. Nannu, I admit it once again today, you are only one of your kind!

This craving has increased in the last few months, this is the only thing that's been weighing on my mind. What did you do? Some magic?..ha ha..silly old conversations. Do they ever haunt you? They never leave my mind. Every morning I wake up, I have a new dream of you telling me something, for me to ponder what it actually meant.

Why are these thoughts still lingering in my mind even after all this time, I wonder. Is it, that you miss me the way, I miss you to this day or is it just my ill fate that I've been left like this, for what happened in our last meeting. 

I guess, I'll never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment